I intended to send this newsletter earlier, but got caught up with a wonderfully busy production schedule – thank you so much for your orders! Wow! ❤
If you follow Just the Goods on social media, you may already know about some of the news contained within. However, in the event that you don’t, please read on for new product news and more including a new approach to those times when I’m away from the lab… I think you’ll like it!
Thank you as always for making Just the Goods what it is! I love handmaking skin care products for you, and it means so much to me that we’re on the same page caring about community, plants, and animals — all the things that matter without extra bells and whistles 😉 Thank you!!
I’ll be away March 2 – 9, but Just the Goods will still be open!
In the past, when I worked alone, Just the Goods was closed any time I was away. However, now that JTG involves two people, most orders will continue to ship even in my absence. Whoo hooo!
It will work like this: I will build up extra stock of the most popular items before I leave to facilitate smoothest possible order flow while I’m away and, upon my return, I’ll handmake any items that ran out or were otherwise unavailable. So, if your order contains items that are in-stock, Amanda will be able to ship them for you exactly as normal; but, if your order requires items that are no longer in stock, your order will be made and shipped when I return.
If you need something immediately the first week of March, please place your order before February 23 and I’ll make it for you before I go. But, if you’re okay with potentially waiting a few extra days for your order to arrive, then no need to pay attention to this date at all 😉
This is a completely new scenario for Just the Goods – Amanda and I are feeling positive about it, and we hope you’ll enjoy the convenience of this, as well =-)
Ooh! And I should mention that I won’t have WiFi while I’m away, so I look forward to responding to your messages as soon as I get back. Thank you!
New Product: Facial Steam for Oily and Congested Skin
For those with oily and easily congested skin — a type prone to blackheads, impacted sebaceous glands/sebaceous cysts, and acne — the value of a nutritive facial steam to open and gently cleanse pores can not be overstated. Used after washing, it can help to make toner more effective; used before a face mask, it can help clay reach deeper to pull out unwanted elements such as bacteria, sebum, sweat, and makeup. Facial steaming can also prolong the the duration of a mask making it possible to derive maximum benefit. Soothing, aromatherapy is also a positive benefit turning home skin care into a spa-like experience.
- Organic parsley helps balance sebum production while also providing antibacterial and anti-fungal protection, making it helpful for treating acne among other minor skin infections. It is also high in antioxidants, which can help reduce the amount of free radicals which can be responsible for skin damage. High in Vitamin C, parsley helps to stimulate collagen production and ultimately the renewal of skin cells overall.
- Organic lavender offers anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that can reduce incidences of acne and inflammation. Lavender features antioxidants that can temper the effects of pollutants on skin by boosting the renewal process. And, by adding moisture, it can help to relieve itching as well as reduce the symptoms associated with excessive dryness such as eczema.
- Juniper berries, like parsley, can help balance sebum production, which contributes to clear, matte skin. High in flavonoids and antioxidants, it can to resist damage to skin by free radicals. And, in dried berry form, not a concentrated essential oil, it offers mild antibacterial and antimicrobial support for skin while also offering uplifting aromatherapeutic benefits.
New Product: Face Mask for Oily and Congested Skin
Did you know that the most common skin type in the world is oily? That’s right! So, in a sense, it should actually be the skin type known as “normal”, *lol* While it is the most common, it can also be the most frustrating to maintain because excess sebum production in skin can contribute to clogged pores, which in turn leads to blackheads, impacted sebaceous glands/sebaceous cysts, and acne. This mask is designed to help; weekly use is recommended.
- Licorice root powder contains licochalcone, which helps to regulate the skin’s oil production to calm over-active glands. It also contains glycyrrhizin, a helpful anti-inflammatory, and glabridin, which is believed to benefit the connective tissue of skin. High in antioxidants, liquorice can fight skin-damaging free radicals. Well blended with clay, the licorice scent is barely noticeable when dry, and only very faintly when wet. So, if you’re not a fan of licorice flavour, feel confident that this is not the same. Samples in limited availability made from batch ends are available to try; select them using the drop down menu.
- Australian olive green clay, packed with a wide array of minerals, is the strongest of all clays used in facial care restoring balance to acne-prone and oily skin through the absorption of dirt and oil. Some say it is revitalizing enough to help reduce the appearance of scars.
- Kaolin is a mild yet effective clay suitable for all skin types selected for its ability to absorb accumulated oil and dirt from pores without over-drying and has been included to mediate the green clay.
Limited Edition Meditation Enhancing Hair Perfume is back in stock!
Responding to popular demand, I have made another batch of Hair Perfume and there are currently 4 bottles remaining. This item is offered on limited release because it takes several weeks to make, and because it’s really just something personal that I make for myself, but decided to share – an aromatherapeutic scent to facilitate quiet, generative meditation that helps mark the self-care time I need to manage chronic illness.
I don’t use a diffuser but do sometimes want to be enveloped with scent rather than simply place it on my pulse points, so I created a hair perfume to settle my mind and focus my thinking. I also enjoy how it lingers with me in the most lovely way for several hours later – the initial notes are fresh, spicy, and cardamom forward, which then give way to the soft warmth of sweet vanilla-like benzoin. The base of this perfume is rosewater, which doubles as a gentle conditioner since multi-function creations are always fun to make 😉
Each element in this hair perfume was selected according to their aromatherapeutic values:
- Geranium and lavender are centring
- Cardamom is centring and focusing
- Rosewater and neroli are both centring and uplifting
- Vetiver helps us connect to our roots so that we may ground and become present
- Benzoin is widely regarded as helpful for meditation, but also encourages dreaming
- Petitgrain clears the mind while also alleviating emotions such as anger, shock, and fear
- Amethyst chevron enhances relaxation to facilitate self-discovery and peace of mind
- rose quartz opens the heart, increases self acceptance and the ability to love others
- Moonstone provides the patience needed for inner work and grows intuition
- Lapis lazuli clears the mind and is said to be a powerful thought amplifier. It furthermore is said to helps access the universal knowledge and cultivate the wisdom needed to understand it
New Labels… and something fun, coming soon!
Years in the making, and new Just the Goods product labels are here! Well, most of them, anyway… with approximately JTG 150 products, some in multiple sizes, it will still take a few weeks before everything goes to/returns from the printer, but chances are that many of you have already started receiving them =-) I’m thrilled because they are smudge-proof and easier to read, but also because they are easier to apply behind-the-scenes and make packing and shipping easier, too!
This picture was shared by @argoodnough on Instagram — I love it!! And, it’s the perfect pic to hint at a fun idea I have… coming soon… stay tuned via social media, or take note of a small info card that will be added to orders when the time comes 😉
Thanks to @imageinn for creating these label templates!
Well, it looks like Canada Post rates have risen again, and while clients in the US can still take advantage of delivery via USPS domestic mail, it seems to have become harder than ever to receive Just the Goods elsewhere. At least, this is what I have discovered through recent emails from the UK and Romania =-( … But, I have a solution, which has been used successfully by clients in Vietnam, Saudi Arabia and Qatar… =-) Re-shipping through consolidators such as ViaBox and Borderlinx!
What they do is create US mailing addresses for folks worldwide, receive parcels on your behalf, then ship them out in boxes with other orders to your region, where they are then mailed locally. And yes, since it is far more affordable for me to ship to addresses int the US than it is to ship within Canada thanks to USPS offering light packet rates, it is better for clients in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe and South America to ship to the US, then onward to their address abroad.
This is far, far more affordable than shipping parcels individually, and better for the environment, too! I encourage you to find which service best serves your region and, over the next few months, I will also conduct research into preferred providers and hopefully find a way to integrate this information in to my website =-) I hope this helps! ❤
Keep in Touch!
Don’t forget, the best way to keep in touch for the latest Just the Goods news – especially deadline reminders relating to temporary lab closures – is via social media. Find me on Instagram @just.the.goods or on Facebook @justthegoods =-)
You are receiving this newsletter because — as per the conditions outlined by the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation that came into effect July 1, 2014 — you’ve been in touch with Just the Goods in the past either by making a purchase or requesting wholesale information within the last two years, or you have chosen to remain subscribed to this quarterly newsletter rather than choosing to click the unsubscribe link at the base of each of each one. With that said, if you would prefer to no longer receive communications from Just the Goods, please let me know and I will remove your email address immediately. And of course, you may also unsubscribe using the link below =-).
As always, thank you for your ongoing support! It is an absolute pleasure to handcraft natural skin and body care products, providing a healthier, small-scale alternative to the corporate “beauty industry”. I wouldn’t be able to do it without you!
With all my best,
Just the Goods (Winnipeg, MB)
handmade natural + affordable skincare for everyone